Intel GMA X3100

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eidorian, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Wahoo !! more stuff to confuse the Sales people and consumers on Computer buying decisions ..

They (Computer Manufacturers) would include more detail on the computers that they produce for sale via retail pipeline .. :eek: :eek:

3. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Hehe, the problem is most people don't know the difference even if you gave them more info. While the X3100 may be fine for most tasks I would imagine anyone even remotely serious about OGL 2.0+/DX10+ would run far far away from it.

4. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

6. Eidorian thread starter macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I remember the GMA950 on my Mac mini (1.25 GB RAM) getting somewhere around a 2.4-2.9.

I've heard of some people getting a 3.0 with a GMA950 as well.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thanks, Eldorian! :)

In other words, unless the drivers for SR are highly underoptimized, there's no evidence that the GMA950 is a bottleneck for the WinSAT test.... I guess, though, that DirectX 10 or OpenGL benchmarks would be more useful for the gamers.

8. Eidorian thread starter macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I do not think the GMA X3000/3100 will support Direct X 10. Intel has mentioned that it isn't powerful for it even with the programable features it has. I have been getting conflicting reports on the X3000 Series supporting Direct X 10 though. I would like to see the hardware T&L turned on at least.

http://laptoplogic.com/news/detail.php?id=2320

http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/review/2007/04/17/Intel-Santa-Rosa-Revealed/p4