Intel H3000 sucks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mark28, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

Today I was testing the 2011 MBA and the 2011 MBP 13" in the Apple Store. Both the MBA 2011 Sandy Bridge and the MBP 2011 13" simply couldn't handle the website I was trying to visit. Only the 15" 2011 MBP and the 15" 2010 MBP were able to scroll smoothly after trying out those machines.

That's just crazy, in 2012 paying $1000+ for a laptop that can't handle a simple website?

2. mpaquette macrumors regular

Seems odd. We have a 13" MBP and 13" MBA, neither have a problem scrolling smoothy through websites.

3. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

I haven't visited a website that my 13" Pro or 11" Air couldn't scroll through smoothly yet.

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That does seem weird. While Intel's integrated graphics suck in general (remember how Apple used to try to use Nvidia for that reason pre Intel lawsuit?), I would question how much of an effect the gpu has on the overall speed/smoothness of web content. That being said the only Apple laptop I'd ever even consider purchasing for work would be the 15" mbp. Laptops aren't really ideal for me in general. I max out everything (cpu, gpu, ram, storage, multiple displays, tasks running in the background while I actively work in the foreground). Until laptop gpus and ram capacity improve, I'll never consider one as a main machine.

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Instead of condemning an entire product line... most people would at least post the problem website in question first.

Ya think?

7. edk99 macrumors 6502a

If you are going to complain about the performance of a web site at least post what web site you were having problems with.

8. thundersteele macrumors 68030

deadline.com is programmed so badly that it locks up the browser for a few seconds. No point blaming a whole line of CPUs over a badly written webpage.

9. 153098 macrumors member

I was on a forum and someone posted 6 or so very high quality pics (can't remember the size of each pic) but they loaded very slowly and even when loaded when I scrolled past the pics it would slow down. This is the intel hd card at work.

10. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

which site, the one rickywatson posted, works with mine.

11. windowstomac macrumors regular

Have never had any problem displaying any web page...maybe the shop had a slow Internet connection :rolleyes:

12. iaymnu macrumors 6502

Same for me. no problem with my 13" or 11"

13. WarpSpawn macrumors member

The only time mine seems choppy scrolling through a web page is if the page is still loading at the time, which seems reasonable to me. Otherwise, it seems plenty smooth.

14. Quinoky macrumors regular

Quinoky

I don't think the HD3000 sucks that badly. I use it at least half the time on my 15" MBP, always forcing integrated only while on the road. Never had any issues with slowdowns, even when compared to my dedicated GPU. I can even play WoW on "Good" with the HD3000, which is pretty amazing considering it's an integrated GPU.

15. WarpSpawn macrumors member

It is of course hardly spectacular, but it does seem more or less equivalent to low to mid range Geforce chipset of a couple of generations. So certainly capable of acceptable performance.

16. saberahul macrumors 68040

The only site I have problem with is gmail video chat but that is to do with Safari - it works perfectly fine in FF and Chrome and Opera and Camino and blah blah blah.
    I have never had any problems with the 3000. I play COD 4 quite often, GTA III and Vice City, Modern Domination, etc. and have never ran into any lag or similar problems. I'm assuming that website was poorly designed.

17. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

If the website contains a lot of Flash advertisements and other crap, then sure it will not scroll smooth!

18. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

Clicktoflash and Adblocker are a must for me.

I sometimes turn off Adblocker to remind me how some people still use the web :D