Intel hd Graphics Control panel on OSX ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by andre1994, Oct 5, 2014.

1. andre1994 macrumors newbie

Hi guys i have this question : i bought an mba mid 13 with an Intel hd graphics 5000.
    I created a bootcamp partition with windows and , on that partition i have a control panel for Intel graphics where i can control those things such as Anti aliasing etc. however i don't find any way to have that same control panel on the OS X partition ....is this normal ? is there any way to have it ?

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Yeah, that's normal. Apple has its own special drivers so no, you can't get a mac version (to my knowledge).

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple uses its own drivers for OS X, so the features you mentioned are not accessible, since Apple doesn't let its users at them

4. motrek macrumors 68020

You mean Apple doesn't expose certain settings. That doesn't mean features are inaccessible, to the OS or software. Of course OS X games can use antialiasing.

I have seen Intel's software on Windows and it seemed like a bunch of pointless crap to me. Just a bunch of settings so Intel could pretend that they were adding value with their software. It's one of the first things I hide/disable when using a Windows computer.