Intel hd3000 8gb 1867mhz performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shardey, Nov 27, 2011.

1. shardey, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

I have been playing a variety of games on my MBP and sometimes forget to switch to dedicated using gfxCardStatus. The outcome is what I am impressed with, especially after the fact I installed hyperX 1867mhz a few months back.

I posted below, Xbench results of both the Intel HD 3000 512MB and the AMD 6750m 1GB using only Memory test, Quartz Graphics test, and Open GL test. These are pretty satisfying results, coming from an IGPU.

I would also like to see results from others regarding 8GB of ram, as I would like to compare the memory speeds as well.

Attached Files:

2. shardey thread starter macrumors 6502a

shardey

Here I have posted test with 8gb 1333mhz G-Skill. There are noticeable gains in memory bandwidth, especially shown with the OpenGL increasing over 4x in speed. With the AMD 6750m, it appears with the 1333mhz, there is better performance on the graphic part of the test.

(not quite sure how I managed to attach a 2mb picture last time and this time it doesn't work)

Attached Files:

3. ssn637 macrumors 6502

Pretty impressive performance for the Intel HD3000 with this memory! Have you done any frame-rate testing using the integrated graphics in any of your games compared with the 1333 MHz standard memory? Is performance really equivalent to the AMD dedicated graphics in this case? If so, we could go ahead and purchase the 13" model and expect the same performance as the 15" equipped with dedicated AMD graphics!

4. shardey thread starter macrumors 6502a

shardey

Well the 13" does not support the 1866, but as far as the comparison for the AMD, I haven't really done any testing besides this for now. I have been experiencing kernel panics in my MBP since I have purchased it (along with the display sleep waking issue) and I purchased 1333mhz to see if it was the problem.

I run a 320 series 80gb in my main bay and the 750gb 5400 in the optical bay, and I haven't had a kernel panic yet (its been about 18 hours).

I need to do some more testing, but I sometimes play GTA 4 and Starcraft II on the intel 3000 and won't realize it until about 10 mins of gameplay.