Intel i7, any difference between the 3?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacInTrip, Nov 14, 2016.

1. MacInTrip macrumors newbie

hi!
    On the new 15 inch, we have the option to choose between the 2.6,2.7,2.9ghz quadcore processor. Do these processors increase the speed of laptops? What does it do? For just an incremental increase of .1, it taxes on another $100..
    for someone that doesnt do hardcore editing, or photoshopping, will the 2.6 still be enough for my personal use? I just dont want it to effect the speed of my computer!
    Thanks in advance

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

If you have to ask you don't need it...

If you want to know, the 2.7/2.9 have more L3 cache, and are faster. However, not necessarily faster in every day use, just slightly quicker rendering on heavy CPU tasks, and when I mean slightly faster, you'll likely see it in seconds.

So yes, the 'base' one is more than adequate, it isn't like a terrible CPU, then best CPU. Think of them as the top 3 CPUs, they're all good!

3. MacInTrip thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. So what makes the computer runs faster is the RAM right? and choosing the 2.6 ghz rather than the 2.7 or 2.9 is a no brainer right? Given that i dont do editing or any final touch or any hardcore editing softwares..
    i just want something that is future proof and if it makes my computer a second or two faster, it would be worth the $300 upgrade to get a 2.9ghz. But from what apple tells me that it': not worthid if you dont do any editing and stuff..

I hope you guys can fill me in! I dont know kuuch about tech.. and i had already spent a lot... i just want this machine to be future proof and as fast as it can be so i can surf webs, watch movies, and do some school stuff ! Thank you

4. midtrains macrumors newbie

I had i5 on my last one and I got so caught up in the post Apple Event craze that I just upgraded everything I could on my new one. I don't think it was worth all that extra $. I also don't do any editing, I'm just a student so I mostly do web browsing and word processing so if that's what you're going for then don't waste the money. Buy 600 tacos at Jack in the Box instead :)