Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CANEHDN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Eagle Mountain, UT
For anyone who's interested, a lot of people have been having issues where their keyboards will stop working and have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to work. The media keys will also sometimes stop working and will start working by themselves. I've found a thread on Apple's discussion forums relating to this issue. It seems there is no resolution to the problem but it might be a software issue. Here is the thread from Apple.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=340067&tstart=0

JonD25

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
CANEHDN said:
For anyone who's interested, a lot of people have been having issues where their keyboards will stop working and have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to work. The media keys will also sometimes stop working and will start working by themselves. I've found a thread on Apple's discussion forums relating to this issue. It seems there is no resolution to the problem but it might be a software issue. Here is the thread from Apple.

I've had the exact same issues. I called Apple and the guy I talked to walked me through some stuff to try to figure out the problem, and ended up concluding that it had to be a hardware problem with my keyboard, not software. They sent me another keyboard, but it didn't fix the problem. It has to be software related. I started to read that thread, but it just seems to be a whole ton of people saying they're having the same problems but no one saying what the solution is.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
You should have a mod change this thread to "Intel iMac Keyboard is not working."

Mod edit: Changed to "problems" as they sometimes still work!!

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
CANEHDN said:

OMG I totally thought this was just the lack of Ram (only 512) in my Intel iMac. I've only have problems with the F-keys and the volume keys though. I really hope this doesn't spread to the rest of my keyboard. I bet this is a software related issue though.

grabberslasher

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2002
Éire
Don't worry - I had the same problems with my machine but the upcoming system update fixes the problem (10.4.6). Trust me on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.