Intel iMac won't start up! Gray screen! CD won't eject!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by weaverra, May 14, 2007.

1. weaverra macrumors regular

I have a 17" C2D iMac that will not eject a CD-R. When I start up it chimes and just sits there at a gray screen. When you hit the power button it immediatly turns off. I tried holding the eject button, resetting the PRAM, option button but nothing works. Any suggestions??? I am def using sony CD-R's next time.

2. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

Hold down the mouse button (or left click button, if a multi-button mouse) immediately after the chime, until the CD pops out, to eject.

3. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

Lie the iMac screen down on a blanket (so as not to damage the screen) on your desk and try ejecting the disc that way.
    Had to utilize this trick once when a CDR with a sticker label came stuck in the drive. Took a few tries before it finally ejected.

4. alexprice macrumors 6502a

Just leave it on and eventually it will eject and boot. I've seen this so many times now.

5. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

How long will he have to leave it on for it to do that? sounds like he has had the mb on long enough that the computer would have spit out the cd if it could :confused:

6. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

weaverra, try holding down the mouse button, first. If that doesn't work, allow the machine to sit, at the gray screen for 20 minutes -- if nothing happens, reboot and hold down [Command]-[V] immediately after the chime and see what it says as it starts up.