Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackMoranRain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
Hi,
I'm fairly new here so i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.
My 24-inch intel based mac running on os x 10.5 leopard has run like a dream since i got it. however a week or so ago some applications started acting erratic. i found my self having to force quit regularly, particularly Itunes (Which i had just updated). i have had to perform a few hard restarts when it has completely frozen up.
then last night when my Itunes, followed by the rest of my computer, crashed, i perfomd another hard restart but now it won't go past the gray apple loading screen.

I have tried rebooting it with the original install cd, but when i get to the point where i decide where to install it to i am given no options.
i have also tried to start it up while connected vie firewire to my sisters mac book as an external device, but it dose not do anything. this leads me to believe that it is a hard drive problem.

the only thing i can think that might have made this happen is that my hard drive has been quite full, and i know that your suppose to keep at least 10 or 15 present free.

Also the only other problem i have had is that the energy saver sleep timer dose not work.

If any one could help me i would be eternally grateful as there are a lot of very important files on there.

Thank You

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.