Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Craigy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
New Zealand
Hi - Just downloaded some ICC paper profiles from Epson's web site. The same ones I downloaded for our G5 before we upgraded to a Mac Pro.

The download is a .sea file and refuses to open, or tries to open using another application - Thried stuffit to open with no success - Anyone else come accross this?

Thanks

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
It's a self-extracting archive, which means it is really an executable file. It may or may not be a Stuffit file at all, it could be a DiskDoubler archive or some other. The self-extracting code may be OS9/Classic, in which case it is out of luck on an Intel. If Stuffit does not recognize and open it, you may have to take the file to an earlier Mac and expand it under OS9

Craigy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
New Zealand
It's a self-extracting archive, which means it is really an executable file. It may or may not be a Stuffit file at all, it could be a DiskDoubler archive or some other. The self-extracting code may be OS9/Classic, in which case it is out of luck on an Intel. If Stuffit does not recognize and open it, you may have to take the file to an earlier Mac and expand it under OS9
Thanks - it seems that they are .sea.hqx on epsons web site http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14121&prodoid=53540919&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh
No access to an earlier mac unfortunately. I might try and post on the digital photography forum and see if anyone could sned me the uncompressed files through as .sit or something.

Thanks for your advice.

Craigy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
New Zealand
Epson ICC profiles won't extract on Intel Macs

Hi - Just upgraded our G5 to a Mac Pro - Tried to install the ICC profiles from the Epson web site http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...3540919&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh and it seams that the .sea.hqx archive won't extract on an intel mac...mmmm

Does anyone happen to have these they could .sit over? Or am I misssing a trick to get the babies to open!

Thanks

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Apple stopped including Stuffit Expander some time ago, maybe you just need to go download a copy?

Craigy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
New Zealand
Apple stopped including Stuffit Expander some time ago, maybe you just need to go download a copy?

Tried - Stuffit 11, doesn't want to know. Perhaps if someone else has a intel mac they could see if they are getting the same issue.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Please don't multiple-post the same probem https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/253611/

Ask a mod to move it if it really should be in a different forum.

FWIW, I downloaded it, once you have de-BinHexed it, the SEA file is the Epson installer itself, made with InstallerMaker or something, it is not a standard Stuffit archive. If it doesn't run under Intel 10.4.8, then there's not much you can do other than to contact Epson, unless there is some kind of utility that you can open the installer application an extract the contents/

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
They do extract oddly, going straight to the desktop instead of to the current folder. I'm PMing you with a zip of the three profile installer apps.

Craigy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
New Zealand
They do extract oddly, going straight to the desktop instead of to the current folder. I'm PMing you with a zip of the three profile installer apps.

Your a star - thank you very much - Wonder why I had an issue on My Mac Pro? .. oh hum.:)

espd

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
I tried for years to find a way to decompress old DiskDoubler files on OS X, to no avail.

Finally I found a copy of DiskDoubler from 1999 and installed it on my G4 running OS 9 on top of OS X. Works like a charm.

Since DD is incredibly hard to find online (impossible for me, I finally got it off an old backup CD-ROM), I've uploaded it here to share with anyone else who had this problem:

DiskDoubler Pro 4.1 for Mac OS 9
It's at the bottom of the article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.