Intel Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BRANDON99, May 25, 2009.

1. BRANDON99 macrumors newbie

Hi

I would like to buy a second hand Mac to write programmes for iphone and I understand that the iphone SDK requires and Intel based Mac to work properly.
    Which Macs have the intel processor – I can not affoed a new model so will be looking for a good used desk top model - are any of the G4 or G5 intel

Thank

Stephen

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Any Mac made after 2006 definitely has an Intel processor.

All MacBooks, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs and Mac Pros have the Intel processors (when they used the old PPC processors they were known as iBooks, PowerBooks and Power Macs). Any Mac Mini made after February 2006 has an Intel processor, as does any white iMac made after January 2006 (every aluminum iMac is Intel no matter what).

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

G4/G5 is PPC. There are plenty of Intel Macs available used. Search craigslist.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Or eBay, or Kijiji, or any number of other places.

Refurbished Mac Minis appear in the Apple store for good prices, depending on your budget.

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

If you're just writing iPhone programs, a 1.5 or 1.6 GHz Mac mini will work great for you.

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

What's your budget? Do you have a spare screen and keyboard+mouse you can use?