Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trey M

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
USA
Hi, so I've attached a screenshot below showing what I'm seeing in Intel Power Gadget. I have used the tool before and have never experienced what I've been seeing with my rMB m7. Wondering if this is normal behavior or not.

You can clearly see there's like quick gaps where it doesn't appear the processor is doing anything. Anyone else see these strange gaps similar to the ones in the screenshot?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.12.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.12.57 PM.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 180

SchodMC

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
Germany
Hi, so I've attached a screenshot below showing what I'm seeing in Intel Power Gadget. I have used the tool before and have never experienced what I've been seeing with my rMB m7. Wondering if this is normal behavior or not.

You can clearly see there's like quick gaps where it doesn't appear the processor is doing anything. Anyone else see these strange gaps similar to the ones in the screenshot?
I realized them today, too, while observating my damaged MBA. My first theory was: that gaps are the moments when the system was in standby. The value of the timestamp after the standby ist far ahead and because of this the tool has no if normations about what happend before, it just leaves a blank.

But if your system wasn't in standby, I have to thing for an other theory again.

Ynk

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
It's because you have PowerGadget in the background and AppNap has activated which is "pausing" the application. Either keep PowerGadget in the foreground or disable AppNap :)

Reactions: Trey M
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.