Intel SSD's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by W00DI, Sep 3, 2009.

1. W00DI macrumors member

I am getting a Macbook Pro 13" and Im just using it for me:D. I ususally wathc youtube surf the web and photoshop.

My questions are:
    What is the latest model of Intel SSD?
    What amount of space should i get 80gb or 160gb?

2. mrrippey macrumors regular

hey fella

search for ssd and you will get alot of info. size is up to you got money get bigger :)

3. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I've been on the fence with buying an SSD but something keeps telling me to wait a little while longer.

4. aleni macrumors 68020

been using corsair 128GB SSD for months, it's speedy and costing not as much as intel.

5. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

which model do you have?

6. antskip macrumors regular

you really don't need to wait, unless you just can't afford it. there are so many great SSD's available now, especially around 120GB. I already have had several months use of silent, instantaneous, computing with a OCZ Summit Samsung-driven 120GB SSD, and in 20 years of computing I have not had a more amazing upgrade! it's almost like moving from a floppy disk to a HDD...:):) SSD's will continue to get better and cheaper, but so will so many other things in computers...if you can wait, wait. if you have to wait, wait. if you want to wait, then wait. if you can and want to have the best performance boost in computers now, then there's nothing stopping you doing so, now. you will never ever want to go back to HDD's!

7. adamk77 macrumors 6502

The latest models will be labeled as a G2.

I have the 160 GB version with Snow Leopard installed on it. The applications I have installed on it are:

Final Cut Pro
    Photoshop
    Office 2008
    XCode
    And other small applications

I can't remember the exact number, but IIRC, I'm using 25 - 30 GB of space.

So I think 80 GB will be fine for you if all you're doing is web surfing and Photoshop.

8. ajsimeon macrumors regular

Just received my 80 gig G2 yesterday. Man does it fly. I don't use this machine as a multimedia machine. Just a little music and web browsing. So 80 is perfect for me. Best upgrade I've done in a machine ever.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OP you could have searched the site and found so much information on the latest Intel SSD. However, here is a link to the newegg.com page where, once available, you can buy the 160GB G2 SSD. To the extent you do not want 160GB and you want 80GB the page will give you a baseline to do a little searching.

10. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

I love the assumption that everybody on the site is from the US... :p

11. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    Same here. Young americans ...