Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

W00DI

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
I am getting a Macbook Pro 13" and Im just using it for me:D. I ususally wathc youtube surf the web and photoshop.

My questions are:
What is the latest model of Intel SSD?
What amount of space should i get 80gb or 160gb?

mrrippey

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2009
hey fella

search for ssd and you will get alot of info. size is up to you got money get bigger :)

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
been using corsair 128GB SSD for months, it's speedy and costing not as much as intel.

antskip

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
Australia
I've been on the fence with buying an SSD but something keeps telling me to wait a little while longer.
you really don't need to wait, unless you just can't afford it. there are so many great SSD's available now, especially around 120GB. I already have had several months use of silent, instantaneous, computing with a OCZ Summit Samsung-driven 120GB SSD, and in 20 years of computing I have not had a more amazing upgrade! it's almost like moving from a floppy disk to a HDD...:):) SSD's will continue to get better and cheaper, but so will so many other things in computers...if you can wait, wait. if you have to wait, wait. if you want to wait, then wait. if you can and want to have the best performance boost in computers now, then there's nothing stopping you doing so, now. you will never ever want to go back to HDD's!

ajsimeon

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Just received my 80 gig G2 yesterday. Man does it fly. I don't use this machine as a multimedia machine. Just a little music and web browsing. So 80 is perfect for me. Best upgrade I've done in a machine ever.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
OP you could have searched the site and found so much information on the latest Intel SSD. However, here is a link to the newegg.com page where, once available, you can buy the 160GB G2 SSD. To the extent you do not want 160GB and you want 80GB the page will give you a baseline to do a little searching.

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
OP you could have searched the site and found so much information on the latest Intel SSD. However, here is a link to the newegg.com page where, once available, you can buy the 160GB G2 SSD. To the extent you do not want 160GB and you want 80GB the page will give you a baseline to do a little searching.

I love the assumption that everybody on the site is from the US... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.