Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heilage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Hey guys.

So, previously I've had a Vertex in my MBP, until it died. But before that, it was lightning fast. Somehow, I feel that the X25-M Gen2 80GB for a few months now, and it kinda doesn't feel as fast.

So I benched it with XBench, to get some numbers. Can you guys look it over and compare it to your own results of different kinds when using this?

It might just be some placebo stuff. But I want to check it all out. :)

Heilage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Looks quite average. Are you using the latest firmware?

I think so, it doesn't look like Intel has released a firmware update since last year, or am I wrong?

Thanks for the link BTW. Mine seems to be a bit below what those guys are getting, but still not "this is defective"-bad.

Heilage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Well, since mine was bought in May 2010, I'll assume that I have the latest firmware running. :)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Well, since mine was bought in May 2010, I'll assume that I have the latest firmware running. :)

I would still check that it has the latest firmware, it should be listed in System Profiler. I think the latest firmware for your drive is 02HD.

Asylum Design

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
Kingston 64Gig SSDNOW+ ($109 after rebate)

3.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.