Intel X-25M macbook pro userguide?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by butters149, Apr 26, 2010.

1. butters149 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Is there a step by step guide somewhere for installing and updating the firmware for the use in a late 2009 macbook pro unibody? I want to use this for bootcamp which is windows 7, but I have the upgraded version meaning I would have to reformat to Windows Vista then upgrade to windows 7. I need the bios settings and stuff.

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Installing the SSD is no different than swapping an HD. Just check the manual for your computer online. Really though, it's just unscrewing the screws in the bottom casing with a size #00 Philips, removing your old HD (put the mounting screws from that into the SSD and for this you'll need a torx T8), and then plugging the ssd into the sata port in your macbook pro. Then put the bottom casing back on and you're set.

As for updating the firmware, go here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363

You'll just download the ISO file there, burn a CD from it, boot to it, and run the firmware update program (once the SSD is inside and your computer is all back together). it's pretty easy.

3. Scrib macrumors member

You can boot from the CD on a Mac?

4. butters149 thread starter macrumors 6502

i read somewhere that you have to update the firmware before you install windows? also can i update it from the mac side? are there any special bios settings that will make it run faster?

5. butters149 thread starter macrumors 6502

Also what are the Do's and Dont's when it comes to using the SSD on a mac and windows side? Like do I have to use defrag or something? or is that the TRIM function.

6. JimKirk macrumors 6502

The intel flash cd is bootable and can be updated from a mac

I think it had a problem with the NVIDIA chipset based macs.

It should work on current models.

7. butters149 thread starter macrumors 6502

do u know if it's a CD or DVD? because my drive can only read DVD for some reason.

8. JimKirk macrumors 6502

It is an ISO file.

You can burn it to CD or DVD

9. butters149 thread starter macrumors 6502