Intel X25M hangs on shutdown/logout

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NovemberWhiskey, Jun 20, 2010.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

When I had just installed the Intel X25M (80 gb G2) shutdowns took merely 2 seconds. Now, after the dock minimizes adn hte icons disappear, the computer just hangs for 10-15 seconds, turns into a blue screen and hangs for maybe 10 seconds more before actually shutting down (black screen, everything off).

Does anyone know what is wrong? The drive is only 2-3 months old, and I still have 40 Gb free.

I was thinking it is some program that is running in the background that is having trouble quitting.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

Open the disk manager, and repair your disk permissions. Should solve this problem, it did for me.

3. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I tried that, it didn't work. Still hangs before shutdown.

It seems to repair the disk, but when I repeat teh process, it has to repeat teh same steps. When you repeat the process, does it stay fixed?

Startup is still fast (~33 seconds). When it was new, startup was 30 seconds.

Shutdown now is 17 seconds compared to 1-2 seconds when the X25 was freshly installed.

4. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Here's a shot of what it shows when I repair the disk permissions:

I did the repair back-to-back and it just repaired the same thing, which seems to indicate nothing was fixed the first time. It seems to be mostly in a Java Folder.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

u may need format and re-install OSX on the SSD. I had to do it a few times on mine.