Intell emulator!!

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Has anyone out there ever used the q emulator to run any other os besides a PPC one? I'd like to run lion on my iBook. I'm getting impatient wating for it to sell on eBay and get a MacBook (yea...I'm the same guy who started a thread about it earlier :D) anyways... I just want to see if it'll work... I don't care how slow.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Q is very slow. Lion will be very unusable even on the fastest G5.

Plus, there isn't anything that can emulate myself.

Last edited:

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Plus, there isn't anything that can emulate myself.
Haha, this made me chuckle.

To OP, patience is a virtue, if I'm perfectly honest with you though, I think the asking price set on eBay is a bit high, and if you're getting a MacBook, you'll need extra dosh anyway.

And Q is unbelievably slow, even Windows 95 is pretty unusable on my eMac, to the point I just wiped it off my hard drive.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
There is a reason Lion is Intel-only. It will not run on hardware that old - and may not run on a computer that old if the CPU was Intel.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Oh yea... I didn't mean to misspell (I was on my iPod touch with iOS 5 (The keyboard is laggy) lol! I lowered my price a bit , too (Thanks for input) I just wanted to see IF it can be done! I long to see the Lion GUI in front of me!!! Too bad it's too slow!