Intell emulator!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Drew017, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Has anyone out there ever used the q emulator to run any other os besides a PPC one? I'd like to run lion on my iBook. I'm getting impatient wating for it to sell on eBay and get a MacBook (yea...I'm the same guy who started a thread about it earlier :D) anyways... I just want to see if it'll work... I don't care how slow.

2. Intell, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Q is very slow. Lion will be very unusable even on the fastest G5.

Plus, there isn't anything that can emulate myself.

3. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Haha, this made me chuckle.

To OP, patience is a virtue, if I'm perfectly honest with you though, I think the asking price set on eBay is a bit high, and if you're getting a MacBook, you'll need extra dosh anyway.

And Q is unbelievably slow, even Windows 95 is pretty unusable on my eMac, to the point I just wiped it off my hard drive.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

There is a reason Lion is Intel-only. It will not run on hardware that old - and may not run on a computer that old if the CPU was Intel.

5. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Oh yea... I didn't mean to misspell (I was on my iPod touch with iOS 5 (The keyboard is laggy) lol! I lowered my price a bit , too (Thanks for input) I just wanted to see IF it can be done! I long to see the Lion GUI in front of me!!! Too bad it's too slow!