Intelligent MP3 tagger? (remove track numbers in song titles automatically)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lars666, Jun 22, 2011.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hi,

does anybody know an intelligent MP3 tagger for MAC to remove track numbers in the song title? For example, if I have songs tagged like this:

01.GimmeSympathy
    01 .GimmeSympathy
    01 . GimmeSympathy
    01-GimmeSympathy
    01 -GimmeSympathy
    01 - GimmeSympathy
    01 GimmeSympathy

I'm searching for a way to configure a MP3 tagger to automatically delete every number/character/space in front of the first capital letter. Does something like this exist or is there another/better way?

Thanks in advance!

2. bobsimmons macrumors newbie

3. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi bobsimmons,

thanks a lot for the hint. Will definitely try it out.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks to you, too, GGJstudios. I already found a script on "Doug's" which deletes a pre-defined number of characters at the beginning or end, but your and bobsimmons other suggestions sound better because of the possibility. I just took a look on both, but will have to try them out deeper to learn what's possible with them. Thanks to both of you again.

6. cousinarlo, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016

cousinarlo macrumors newbie

cousinarlo

Hi Bob! I guess we can marvel at the power of the internet here. I'm replying to your post 7 years (EDIT: I was looking at your join date, oops. Still, 5 years since lars666's post is a long time) after to thank you for sharing ABetterFinderRenamer as a solution for adjusting and renaming files. I've been searching for a program that could help with re-naming files, and your MacRumors post came up.

I am keenly interested in it for my collection of digital music. I recently purchased a new truck that accepts SD cards, and USB sticks; I've learned that the track numbers and other punctuation in front of the song name prevent the song search in the truck from working properly. I've also learned (from a truck forum) that that the truck's computer prefers that the SD card be formatted in a format like FAT32 or exFAT, etc.

It also looks like I might be able to use ABFR at work to take our remote server's data and make spreadsheets, word documents, etc. VERY interesting, and I will be purchasing it!

Thanks again and all the best,

Larry Pope

(I joined Macrumors tonight because of the value of your post. I can see there's a lot to see at MacRumors. Funny that I've been using Macs since my SE 20MB in 1985 but never visited MacR!)

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

ABFR is an amazing tool and they continue to add great features.

8. cousinarlo macrumors newbie

cousinarlo

And thank you lars for asking the question that got me here in the first place! I'm sure many others have benefited from this thread.