intellimouse and leopard - not working.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RHD, Jun 21, 2008.

1. RHD macrumors 6502

My trusty old intellimouse is not playing the game on Leopard. I can't map the scroll wheel for use in 3D apps which is why I HAVE the scroll wheel.

Trying to get any help from Microsoft is an excercize in futility, I'm supposed to get 2 free support incidents but I haven't had one yet and when I put in my product number Microsoft immediately demand £46 UK pounds. (about $100 US). So much for free support.

I think the intellipoint software hasn't been updated, that's what I think.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I have Intellipoint 6.2.2 installed on my Mac. Works fine, but I don't know about the 3-D scrolling you seek. I expect I retrieved the software about 10 months ago when I gave up on the Apple Mighty Mouse and went back to my wireless Intellimouse.

Maybe the version number will give you at least part of the answer to your question.

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

I'm using a wired Intellimouse Explorer 3 and a Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 with whatever the latest Intellimouse on MS' site is and both work fine for me in 10.5.3.

4. RHD thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it works but I can't map the scroll wheel button. It reverts to Expose whatever I do in Intellimouse.

5. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Weird. I have it mapped to double-click on both of my mice.

You mention "3D" apps - does this behavior only happen in specific applications, or in general?

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

If I can suggest one thing- dump the Microsoft Intellipoint and try USB Overdrive to define the buttons and controls of the mouse! I started using it about three years ago and would not do without it for any of the several mice I have used since then (currently in love with my Logitech MX Revolution).

It has a free trial, so it is sure worth a shot and I feel certain you will love the control it gives you back- with none of the problems of the Intellipoint or Logitech's Control Center software!

http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html

7. RHD thread starter macrumors 6502

Ooh! Now that sounds interesting. I will have a look at that.

Thanks Sickmacdoc

8. jonlong macrumors newbie

Does the intellimouse software adjust the mouse acceleration curve so that it feels more like Windows? Are there any advantages to either using steermouse or intellipoint software? Intellipoint is free, which is nice.