Intelliscreen and IOS 5.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kacz, Mar 9, 2012.

1. kacz, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

kacz macrumors newbie

Interested in seeing if anyone has is having problems with Intelliscren and 5.1. I am experiencing constant safe mode resprings and Intelliscreen appears to be the problem.

Background: I originally had Intelliscreen on 5.0.1 running flawless but starting experiencing immediate crashes after installing pkgbackup (in preparation for 5.1) on 5.0.1. Long story short I couldn't figure out what was causing the crashes since I uninstalled pkgbackup and that didn't fix the problem. I did a complete restore and started fresh with 5.1; however, I once again loaded Pkgbackup first. I have since deleted this and try loading Intelliscreen once again but I am getting the crashes again. It must be related to a file pkgbackup loaded to support that program but didn't delete the conflicting file when I removed it.

Anyone experiencing something similar or have advice with the Pkgbackup and Intelliscreen combo? Missing Intelliscreen :(

2. icog macrumors newbie

Exactly the same here. I lost hours blaming pkgbackup, but the problem is in the intelliscreen X compatibility with IOS 5.1. I wrote to their support, no reply at all, hope they will fix it soon.

3. irmin macrumors newbie

Here is the answer

BUT NOT THE SOLUTION

Comments: HI INTELLISCREEN CRASHES AND IPHONE 3GS GOES TO SAFE MODE IN IOS 5.1 WILL THERE BE A FIX? IS THERE A WORKAROUND?

Best regards, Irmin

Hi Irmin,

We will be taking a look at the app and the new ios5.1 now that it has been released. We will be fixing it to work with ios5.1 if possible.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn

4. kacz thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you have Pkgbackup installed as well? I am trying to rule out a compatibility issues between these two apps since I first experienced the constant safe mode reboots after installing Pkgbackup (all ready had intelliscreenx working) on 5.0.1.

I probably should have tried to install intelliscreen first when I updated to 5.1...live and learn i guess.

5. irmin macrumors newbie

6. iPagan macrumors regular

MyWi, Dimmer No Work With 5.1, Either

So 5.1 broke a few Cydia apps then. Per my experience, MyWi 5.0, Dimmer do not work, either. I have a thread here about that.

5.1 should not be so different from 5.01. Why are some apps broken?

7. kacz, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

kacz thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like the 1.3.6 update to Intelliscreenx fixed the safe spring problem. Now I need WeeSpeeddial to update or find another app that works with 5.1 that will put my favorites on the Intelliscreen. Any suggestions? I found Favorite Contacts that appears to do the job for now.

Now I think my Intelliscreen is draining my battery faster than Lockinfo was...hum, will have to look into this further.

8. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I didn't know you were an expert coder speaking from vast experience...

9. iPagan macrumors regular

Actually, I am! Many people have regarded me as a computer genius. They have encouraged me--nay, pleaded me--to take that career path. You seem to be the first dissenter.

I almost missed your post, btw.

Good day, Sir!:D