IntelliScreen causing mail app to crash

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shigs, Aug 11, 2010.

1. shigs macrumors member

I just thought I would share my experience in hopes it may save someone else a headache. I have an iPhone 4 jailbroken on 4.0.1. I have a licensed copy of Intelliscreen along with a bunch of other apps I have been using for a while but the other day when I went to open an attachment my mail app started to crash. I tried everything I could think of before I just gave in and did a fresh restore, installed all my apps, same deal. So I restored again only this time I tested after each app and sure enough, once I installed Intelliscreen it started and once I removed it everything worked correctly. I have emailed their support department but I haven't heard anything back as of yet (its been less than 12 hours so that's not a big deal). Anyway, I'll post more when I hear back form them. Hope this helps someone else.

2. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

hmm... no such problem here. u keeping up with updates for intelliscreen?

3. shigs thread starter macrumors member

Ya, I'm running the most recent one they released.

4. momo8881 macrumors newbie

Update in Rock Solves Problem

I can confirm that there is an update this morning in Rock that fixes this problem. I too was unable to open attachments. The update was not available in Cydia (not sure if it would be anyway).

Everything is working fine now and I am able to open any attachment without issue.

Cheers

-Kevin

5. shigs thread starter macrumors member

I am glad you confirmed it for me. I restored again this morning and just installed intelliscreen and everything worked fine. I never saw the update in Rock before restoring and was very confused as to why it was working now. Thanks.

6. melymel96 macrumors member

Very big thanks on this. I have inteliscreen also and was having the exact same issue. It also broke the automatic scroll to top when you tap on the date.

I installed the update and now I'm all good.

7. Gkf9 macrumors member

I had issues with IS when I had it installed, when I tried to swipe across the status bar in the lock screen, I couldn't get sbs settings menu to work unless I resprung. This was very annoying, so I decided to go with lockinfo, which I like but it's very buggy at the moment.

Can anyone tell me if sbs settings ( swiping in the task bar ) works when in the lock screen in IS?
    Thanks

8. momo8881 macrumors newbie

You can swipe for sbsetttings at the lock screen

Yes you can. I am trying to remember but I think you have to turn off the "Use Status Bar" in the intelliscreen settings. Then you can swipe for sbsettings at the lock screen.

-Kevin

9. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

Has intelliscreen come out with any newer updates/features?

I've been using intelliscreen for the past 2-3 years now, but then stopped when they came out with iOS 3.1.2 since there was no jailbreak for that. I have yet to install it on my jb iPhone4 though.

My bro installed LockInfo on his jb iPhone4 and i've gotta admit, it's come a long way from what it used to be a while back. You can skin it and add themes and add-ons and such. It j/looks better and is pretty smooth.

I'm thinking of switching to LockInfo now, but wondering if Intelliscreen has updated as well in the past few months with any new features at all?

10. Gkf9 macrumors member

Ok thanks, will I still get the mail envelope icon in the status bar tho if I turn it off?

11. Gkf9 macrumors member

I've got lockinfo installed on iPhone 4 ios4 and it's still buggy..... But the delevloper is trying to sort it, and regular puts out updates.

12. momo8881 macrumors newbie

Yes. You will still get the different icon notifications.