Intelliscreen x....what keeps someone from picking up my phone and...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aliensarecool, Feb 25, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Reading my messages or even sending them? I used to have a lock that came on after 5 minutes but it appears that doesn't stop them from using things on my lock screen...am I missing something?

2. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

This was the main reason I no longer use that app. Security-privacy is number one for me.

3. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I thought I was the only one. Is there anyway to get notifications like texts or missed calls on my lock screen but not be able to view or reply if my passcode lock is on? I have it set to two minutes

4. tateu macrumors 6502

If all you want is to see a message that you missed a call or text, you can do that with the stock OS 5 lockscreen notifications.

5. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

exactly my thoughts....though it looks super cool and super efficient to do almost everything at the lockscreen....you might as well remove the "lock"screen and go straight into the phone because this tweak negates all advantages of a "LOCK"screen...

you can check, reply, send and read emails, check, reply, send and read all messages, and facebook, and twitter and etc etc....

basically the developer put the "phone" at the lockscreen, albeit in a fantastic way ofcourse! :)

6. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The price you have to pay for convenience, I have nothing to hide so it doesn't bother me. I just tried using a password to unlock my phone and it's just to much of a hassle, I can't stand putting in a password every time just to do something so my phone is totally open.

I guess I'll pay the price if I loose my phone. My phone is pretty much with me all the time, I rarely leave it laying out in the open. So I guess the question is, do you feel responsible enough to use your phone that way or do you forget and loose things.

7. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

You keep someone from picking up your phone. If you leave your iPhone laying around, it's unsecured. Keep it in your pocket. Nobody can read or send messages from your phone if they don't have it in their possession, right? It seems kind of lame if you have to input a password just so you can get into your own device.

8. LithePanther macrumors 6502

How about...just closing the notification screen when you're done?

No one is going to think that they can pull the NC down from the lock screen, so if you just remember to push it back up, your phone should act just like the stock phone.

9. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

I was just thinking maybe someone has controlling parents And they could easily Figudes out a lot about you. Unless they had a reason too. Like my lock kick I 5 minutes of unuse...any suggestions

10. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

They must not be that controlling if they let you have a iPhone.

11. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

12. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Before intieli ppl would have to steal
    Y phone fast becuE in three minutes it
    Would lock itself

13. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

accidents happen we al have our phones leave our vision for at least second. or what if if it fell outta ur pocket and u didn't know, or you got pick pocketed...stupid i know. but if you think of ALL the possibilites

:rolleyes: