IntelliScreen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Arisian, May 28, 2008.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Has anyone installed this (IntelliScreen) and gotten it to work correctly. I have read several reports where it just crashed repeatedly on people and then caused them to have to redo everything.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Gracias,
    Arisian

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I had it for a few days. It is definitely a beta though, as it sometimes caused some funky things to happen. While I didn't have to reformat my phone, I did have to turn it off and on a few times in a row to get it working correctly once or twice. Ultimately I uninstalled it, but am keeping track of the versions and may give it a chance again someday.

All I want is some way to display current calendar events on the lock screen.

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

i had it for a while. i removed it becouse i wanted to see my background, but i never experienced any crashing with it

4. dagored macrumors 65816

I have had it installed since v. 0.9 I am now on 0.92. Not one problem. After installation, just restart. It even tells you to do that.

I have it on a 1.1.4 jb Touch jb with ZiPhone.

I use the Calendar, Mail, RSS, and Weather. I like just turning it on and seeing if there is mail, without sliding it on.

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Yeah, I havn't experienced any problems with IntelliScreen... Occasionaly i need to restart the 'pod before the features update/start working.

Brilliant app. Used it ever since it became public.

6. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

thanks for the responses. what firmwares are you fella's using with this? Im still using 1.1.1 JB'd since I have it stable and hasnt crashed on me since day one.

Arisian

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

8. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Using it right now to show me the weather and any calendar appts coming up. Only time I have to restart is when applying different changes but I'm happy with the layout. I don't mind not being able to see my wallpaper in the locked background for the information that is provided. Great app.

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

10. csmitty macrumors regular

Hmm....don't understand why its not working on my 1.1.3? I've got BSD like it wants, did everything the prompts said, restarted, but nothing comes up on my lock screen. :confused: anyone had this happen, or have apps that conflict with it.

11. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Try installing the IntelliScreen Startup Patch...