Intels website..something I noticed that I found interesting..

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Spikeanator6982, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

I dont think this has been mentioned before, but.. look at this..

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/index.htm?iid=home+hdr_nav2_processors

and this

http://www.intel.com/products/server/processors/index.htm?iid=process+server

incase you dont notice anything..those are LEOPARDS advertising quad core processors. there aren't on the desktop or laptop processors pages, just the processor page and the workstation/server pages. think its a hint? a coincidence? I know I am grabbing at less then straws. but i want a new Mac pro.

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

They're supposed to be cheetahs, you weren't the only one to think that though.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep...they're cheetahs. Part of Intel's "Multiply" ad campaign.

4. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

Yep definitely Cheetahs... yellow with spots and made to run fast. They basically trying to say their Xeons are fast.

5. Spikeanator6982 thread starter macrumors 6502

well...it seems to me Leopards are also yellow with spots. and cheetahs are more slender, and they seem to be fairly stocky, but ok..i said i was grabbing at less then straws. :)

6. psingh01 macrumors 65816

definitely cheetahs, maybe OSX 10.0 (aka Cheetah) was made Intel compatible. :p

7. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Yep, it was!

Remember Steve's keynote speech regarding the PPC >>> Intel switch?
    He stated that Mac OS X had been living a secret double life from the start. ;)

Quite funny that the fastest cat was actually the slowest version of OS X :p

8. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

They are poor quality images on the links you posted to, but there is other material out there that shows them definatly as cheetahs.