Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redshifted

Cancelled
Oct 10, 2014
Thanks folks,
I have more LOL
Dreary weather is actually your friend for ICM because of the low-contrast nature of the light
Look for color contrasts or textures for good ICM pics
Meter to preserve highlights ...
More later LOL

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I was able to download these. I am posting them out of respect for a very skilled photographer. It is ironic that one of his images inspired me to start this thread. I, for one, will miss learning from him.

FallAbstractFieldColors.jpg
FallForestBlurPan.jpg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
Are you talking about redshifted? What's happened?
he made a comment that has been deleted about being over-moderated. I assume he had a run in or two on other subforums here, because I never saw anything untoward in the photo areas.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I think when it says "Cancelled" under someone's user name it means that they have chosen to leave MR.....

he made a comment that has been deleted about being over-moderated. I assume he had a run in or two on other subforums here, because I never saw anything untoward in the photo areas.

That's a real shame :( He posted a lot of wonderful close up ice pictures, some almost abstract, on the fujix-forum where I hang out. His posts are now have "Guest" under his name so it looks as though he left there too.

Things can get heated in other parts of this forum. But fortunately we only attract the cream in the photography section. Lots of good people in here.

Present company not excepted!? :) I don't tend to go over there much, only if I'm buying a new laptop or phone. I hate conflict so will just scroll on rather than comment. Agreed this is a nice friendly corner!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
That's a real shame :( He posted a lot of wonderful close up ice pictures, some almost abstract, on the fujix-forum where I hang out. His posts are now have "Guest" under his name so it looks as though he left there too.

Present company not excepted!? :) I don't tend to go over there much, only if I'm buying a new laptop or phone. I hate conflict so will just scroll on rather than comment. Agreed this is a nice friendly corner!
Agreed. Life’s too short to be arguing with strangers in the internet.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Things can get heated in other parts of this forum. But fortunately we only attract the cream in the photography section. Lots of good people in here.

That is why I don't have any social media presence except on this photography forum. Life is too short and my blood pressure is too good to risk that chaos and animus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.