Interaction with Siri

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by warburg, Aug 2, 2015.

1. warburg macrumors 6502

After saying "Hey Siri" I get a screen with a microphone symbol and the question "What can I help you with?" Is there anyway of skipping this screen and going directly to Siri?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That happens if you take too long of a pause after saying Hey Siri. Don't pause after you say Hey Siri.

3. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

That does the trick.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Yep, like the others said just say Hey Siri and ask your question with out waiting. Siri has always worked great for me.

5. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks very much

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I depend on Siri on both my phone and watch. Great for doing some quick math, setting a timer, calendar event or reminder. Just the other day one of my customers asked my what the color Crisp Khaki looks like. I asked my phone to show me the Sherwins Williams color Crisp Khaki and there is was. While I admit the color would not be perfect, when I returned to the office and compared it the the SW chip chart, it was darn close.

I hear Siri is going to get even more powerful soon . . . Can't wait.

7. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Siri on the watch is freakin' awesome. :D

Now, I don't usually say things like "freakin' awesome" - I'm usually quite buttoned-down - but the watch is a notable exception. It's almost as if Siri was primarily intended for the watch all along.

Siri on the watch nicely demonstrates the maxim: "Sometimes the best interface is no interface"

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Apple is promising that Siri will be like on steroids the fall when os9 lands. It will be interesting.