Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sid872

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
I bought my first album off iTunes today and it came with an interactive booklet and after waiting for everything to download I double clicked the booklet but nothing happens. I have Adobe Reader 7.0 and the help files say you should just double click on it and it opens.

Am I doing something wrong?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I downloaded one last week and it worked fine in iTunes 7. A double click popped it up in a new window just fine. Hmmm...

Synapple

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
WildCowboy said:
I downloaded one last week and it worked fine in iTunes 7. A double click popped it up in a new window just fine. Hmmm...

Oh really? I have about 5 booklets from recent purchases off the iTMS and they all don't work... after a brief look here at the forums, where other members were complaining about this, I just thought it was bug within iTunes and settled on waiting for a fix.
If you tell me they're indeed working for you it means I have a problem...
Too bad I'm too tired to look for any sort of solution now :p

Just a question, though: are those booklets pdf files or mov files? A few ones I got off the store last spring were all pdf files, and they still work. The ones I bought recently, instead, are mov files... did they change this for a reason? How are they different than the pdf version?

Synapple

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
Idioteque said:
i got this email today:

Dear John,

Thank you for your recent purchase of FutureSex/LoveSounds by Justin Timberlake. This album included an interactive booklet. To enable the interactive booklet in iTunes 7 or QuickTime 7.1.3 or later, please follow these instructions:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304388

Sincerely,

Paul
iTunes Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

Thanks a lot Idioteque! It worked great and the problem is solved.
Too bad the booklets I have suck big time, it was prolly better to leave them unplayable :rolleyes:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Oh yeah...I forgot that I haven't yet gotten around to updating this computer with 7.1.3. :eek: I'd also heard about that bug and then promptly forgot about it. I'm such a rube...

I'll definitely keep it in mind whenever I do get around to updating. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.