Interactive DVD help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by epchumley, Jun 11, 2009.

1. epchumley macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I am trying to create, essentially, an interactive DVD that people can view on their TVs. Let me give you a quick description of what I'm trying to do.

I am making a dvd full of various video tutorials. I want the dvd to start by having a menu in which the viewer can select the tutorial video they want to watch. This menu is easily done in iDVD. Then once the video starts playing, I want the video to play the first step, and then the video pauses/waits so that the viewer can complete that step. Then, when the user is ready, they select a continue button on-screen and the next step plays...then pauses again...waits for the user to click continue...etc. You get the idea.

I must stress here that I need this DVD to be playable in home TV dvd players, not just computers. I already have both iLife and the Final Cut Studio, and am willing to get other software if needed. I'm quite well versed in iMovie, but don't have much experience using the other software.

Any help is very appreciated because I really have no idea how to accomplish adding this Continue "button".
    Thanks a lot!

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

This kind of DVD control can only be done in DVD Studio Pro. If you have FCS then you've got it. Get started witht he manual and tutorials and see if you can figure it out.