Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Am I missing something here? These pics from their site, that show you being able to answer texts, twitter, etc. from the bar up top, I've not seen in 48 hours of this app. everything looks exactly the same to me as it was in 7, do you have to activate something for it to work? My texts just same as always, and twitter notifications, .... What did I miss? And where did the black keyboard come from, 3rd party app?

2wqsexd.png

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Am I missing something here? These pics from their site, that show you being able to answer texts, twitter, etc. from the bar up top, I've not seen in 48 hours of this app. everything looks exactly the same to me as it was in 7, do you have to activate something for it to work? My texts just same as always, and twitter notifications, .... What did I miss? And where did the black keyboard come from, 3rd party app?

When a text comes in, pull down on the notification to reply. Do the same to action email from the Mail app, and invites from the calendar app.

3rd party apps need to be updated by the developers for these features. Twitter has been updated, so if you pull down on a Twitter notification, you can favorite or retweet.

The rest will come in the future as apps update.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks. I'm sure I did do that earlier and nothing happened. Same for Gmail app. Which maybe doesn't work anyway. Will try again. Thanks again

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks. OK iMessage pulled down worked fine. Normal text nothing doing. Is that correct?

Update:

Nope, same person from iMessage this morning, Im pulling down, and nothing happens, It's worked once for me from text on drop down in Notification this morning when I turned phone on, but since then, I pull down text in notifications, and nothing happens, it really doesn't work for me now at all.

It just pulls notification down and then it stays as is.

Is this just me? Does it actually work for everyone else?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.