Interactive Video To Play On Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Monergy, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Monergy macrumors newbie

Hello...

Was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to create interactive video's with "hot spots" to play on an iPad?
    We are looking to create a few tutorial videos and would love to have different areas to press on the ipad screen to create different actions...

obviously flash is out so any other thoughts???

Thank You

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Seems to me that in order to do something like that, you'd need to write an app.

3. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

I guess someone could write something like this in HTML5?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That, I have no idea. If HTML5 can be used to do this, that would be great, and I'd love to see that, not just on the iPad, but also in desktop browsers.

5. Cha macrumors regular

With HTML5 you can try a combo of the video and canvas tags for some interactive ability. Remember you will run into some issues with different browsers... I hope that provides a starting point for you.

6. Monergy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You for the replys

Yes I was just looking into using HTML5 I figured that was probably the best way to do it...I'm not really concerned about the browser issue, this is for a client who wants only their sales guys to use it....so as long as it plays on an iPad thats all we really need...

If any one else has any other tips i'm all ears!

Thanks again everyone!

7. sabinalexandra macrumors newbie

Try Brainient

Hello,

Why don't you have a look at www.brainient.com and try the BrainStudio? :)

Sabina

8. trungn macrumors newbie

Interactive videos available on iPad very soon!

Hi,

Just thought you'd might like to know that I've been working on a HTML5 player that does exactly what your asking about. Hotspots that can either link to a url or take you to a landing page with more info and further interations such as form posts or links to buy a product, etc.

The player technology is finished and the project is currently in its finishing stages, very soon to be released. please visit www.linkto.tv and you'll get an idea of what we can do. Check back in a couple of days for news of the new player release if it hasn't gone live by the time you read this.

9. trungn macrumors newbie

Visit the showcase page on the link I have in my previous post to see a live demo.