"Interbreeding" of different mails

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by maverick28, Dec 24, 2014.

1. maverick28 macrumors member

I'm not sure if this phenomenon was sorted out as any known category of troubles so hence my term comes. The problem suddenly popped up yesterday when I received two mails consecutively. The Subject of one message corresponds to other message and vice versa. Could anybody tell me why it happened so and how to fix it or should I report it to Apple as a bug? Help me, please.

Hope to hear smth from you.

ILYA

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You probably have Organize by conversation turned on in this menu. When that is on Mail tries to pick out messages that belong to the same discussion thread using the subject and sometimes it makes a mistake like you are seeing.

Turn that option off and you will see the normal sorting behavior.

[​IMG]

3. maverick28 thread starter macrumors member

Hi, Weaselboy, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, when I turned it off nothing changed, I still see these two messages being picked out incorrectly. This is a bug, obviously, but is there any sense to report it to Apple now, when Yosemite is out? Do they consider improving buggy features in older OS?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I really don't know the answer to that. I suppose there is no harm in reporting it.