Interent slowed down 85%

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicknicknickh, Mar 10, 2013.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

So today my internet has suddenly started slowing down. I was getting a good 10mbps down and 5mbps up. Then I went much closer to my router (my couch) and my internet was fine. THen I closed it fiddled on some stuff (READ BELOW). Then my speeds just tanked and were about 1/4 of what I had before. This makes zero sense. I also used my iPhone and window PC laptop and they had great connection from the place I am attempting to use the internet on my laptop.

How can they be getting great speeds, and my MBP suddenly be getting completely terrible ones.

Could it possibly be a hacker.. I know, I know just listen. So I took my laptop to this couch, and had greats speeds. Then I closed it and opened the PC and deleted some files I think may have had viruses, and malware. Then I closed that PC and flipped open my MBP and my speeds are stated as above. Correlation?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

What are your speeds like when using an Ethernet cable? How are you testing the speeds?

3. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

Well they are much quicker, around 25 down, 5 up. So I guess that rules out malicious software?

EDIT: using speedtest.net

----------

Also around 1 foot away from the router with the ethernet it goes back to those .9/.2 speeds eeeek.

EDIT again: Well my speeds seem to have gone back to normal. That was very, very odd.