Interest for a true ultraportable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by plumpan, Feb 9, 2008.

1. plumpan macrumors regular

lately i have been using my 17" MBP as a desktop replacement at home. i do take it with me wherever i go, but its a bit annoying as it barely fits into my bag. its quite a chore organizing the contents of my bag every time i pack up to stuff my MBP in at the perfect angle and still be able to close the bag :p. the weight of the MBP however, is not really as big of a deal for me (nothing wrong with a bit of exercise :eek:).

while the new MBA is definitely "ultrathin", its debatable whether or not it is actually "ultraportable". for me, a true ultraportable would have far smaller dimensions (like the eee pc), yet retain most of the functionality of a full-size MB. a bit more screen real estate than an eee would be nice too, so it could be used for on the go photo editing and such. something like this would be really pique my interest - anyone else?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

3. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

So... smaller than the MBA but with a bigger screen and the features & power of the MacBook. Yes, I'd buy one. :D

I'll also take one of those new Chicken Vindaloos that come with Rice, Poppadoms, Bajhi and a couple of pints of lager but have negative calorific value. Cheers.

SL

4. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

haha i think you misunderstood. i didnt mean smaller than an MBA, AND with a bigger screen than an MBA... now that would be just too godlike.

i basically meant a mac equivalent of an asus eee pc capable of running leopard. http://eeepc.asus.com/

5. tip macrumors 6502

tip

The Eee is at a good price. For me, however, the screen's just a bit too small, and the drive size is just not enough.

While I wouldn't buy a Mac version of the Eee, I would, however, consider a Mac version of the Vaio TZ.

6. plumpan thread starter macrumors regular

after looking at the vaio tz, i would have to agree with you. :p