All iPads Interest in Brand New unopened iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RussellJones, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RussellJones macrumors member

I will be getting my iPad 1 replaced under warranty and won't be opening it and selling to upgrade to the iPad 4, just wondering what you think I could get for the 1st gen 64gb 3g unopened

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

$250-$300 seems to be the going price for completed auctions on ebay. There is a small niche of people that are still interested in the iPad 1 because it does not have a camera. Many people that work in R&D facilities and such.

3. RussellJones thread starter macrumors member

just wondered if the fact that it will be brand new and unopened will bump up the price any?

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

maybe a little bit, but the ones going used look to be in excellent condition so it might not command that much of a premium. A few bucks maybe.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If its a warranty replacement then *usually* its not truly "new and unopened". Since it was a returned unit that had its outer shell and battery replaced. However, if it came in a shrink wrapped standard retail box then maybe you can get an extra $30 - $50.

Some posters report getting new units when buying refurbs.

6. RevTEG macrumors regular

RevTEG

I would be surprised if you actually get a NEW first gen iPad. That would require them still making them. Most likely a refurb with full warranty. But I've been wrong before.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It's going to come in a brown box, but still sealed & like new. Toss it on eBay & see what happens.

8. stevebaldy123 macrumors newbie

hi did you sell this ipad ?

hi did you sell the ipad , i m looking for one boxed as new
    thanks
    Steve