Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RussellJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
I will be getting my iPad 1 replaced under warranty and won't be opening it and selling to upgrade to the iPad 4, just wondering what you think I could get for the 1st gen 64gb 3g unopened

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
$250-$300 seems to be the going price for completed auctions on ebay. There is a small niche of people that are still interested in the iPad 1 because it does not have a camera. Many people that work in R&D facilities and such.

RussellJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
just wondered if the fact that it will be brand new and unopened will bump up the price any?

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
just wondered if the fact that it will be brand new and unopened will bump up the price any?

If its a warranty replacement then *usually* its not truly "new and unopened". Since it was a returned unit that had its outer shell and battery replaced. However, if it came in a shrink wrapped standard retail box then maybe you can get an extra $30 - $50.

Some posters report getting new units when buying refurbs.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I would be surprised if you actually get a NEW first gen iPad. That would require them still making them. Most likely a refurb with full warranty. But I've been wrong before.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's going to come in a brown box, but still sealed & like new. Toss it on eBay & see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.