Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iohass

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
Don't know if Apple marketing is failing or if they are just not as innovative, but Apple is definitely in trouble.

Even though Apple made it clear before today’s financial conference call that only queries regarding company’s future plans for spending its massive cash reserves will be answered, an analyst couldn’t help but ask CEO Tim Cook if Apple would be issuing a press release about last weekend’s launch sales numbers for the iPad. While Cook didn’t share any exact numbers or confirm whether we’d get a press release, he did note:

“We had a record weekend, and we’re thrilled with it.”

The new iPad officially launched in ten countries on Friday, March 16th in Apple’s retail stores with initial online preorders quickly selling out leading up to the launch. Though Apple never officially released iPad 2 sales numbers, it was estimated to have sold approximately between 500,000 and 1 million units during its debut while 300,000 iPad 1 units were sold within 24 hours of launch.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Don't know if Apple marketing is failing or if they are just not as innovative, but Apple is definitely in trouble.

Yeah… the statement "We had a record weekend. And we're thrilled with it" during a conference call with analysts announcing their decision on what to do with their extra 100billion dollars definitely points to trouble.

iohass

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
none the less, it's interesting to see how many ipads they actually sold and i'm looking forward to the earnings call which i think is due next month

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Well if they're dropping the ball, AT&T was still thrilled about this weekend having a record number of new iPad LTE activations.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I guess I should've added the /sarcasm after all

Yeah, too many fools keep coming in here saying "yada yada, if Apple doesn't do what I want them to, yada yada yada, they are in trouble!"

So unless you use the /sarcasm.....some of us are going to take you seriously.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
People expected Apple to talk about the iPad in their conference call today. A lot of the hype regarding them not releasing their figures comes from their reluctance to talk about it there

Which makes no sense since the conference call was for a very specific reason

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
People expected Apple to talk about the iPad in their conference call today. A lot of the hype regarding them not releasing their figures comes from their reluctance to talk about it there

Which makes no sense since the conference call was for a very specific reason

Exactly. The call was specifically to talk about their cash reserves. If "people" expected them to talk about the iPad, that is the "people's" problem. "People" are going to have to learn to live with disappointment, especially when they make stuff up like this. :D

Haziza

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Sweden
Pointless thread.

You cant expect Apple to have something "Ohh wooow dubble rainbow all the way a cross the sky" every year.

Most of us all already have some kind of tablet or smartphone. Of course they cant make record after record every year.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
It's called having a new iPad with LTE. :apple:

I have one too, I just meant having a job that allows you to have time to be on it frequently

----------

They just announced they sold 3 million in 4 days... Doesn't sound like they are in big trouble lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.