Interested in buying a MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by csjo00, May 17, 2010.

1. csjo00 macrumors regular

I intend on buying a MBP later, about halfway there cash wise. I have a couple of questions before I go out and spend close to $2,000.

1) Which is better? AppleCare or BestBuy Black Tie Protection?

2) Will BestBuy honor the BTS promotion? Educational discount?

3) Is the higher resolution/anti-glare screen on the 15" MBP worth the extra $150?

4) Any accessories that you suggest? I plan on getting the Magic Mouse, and an Incase sleeve.

Thanks ahead of time, and feel free to throw in any suggestions, thoughts, or comments. :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can read the terms and conditions of both and decide for yourself? I've never considered buying anything besides Applecare because I've had very good experiences with Applecare.

I'm pretty sure they do both (or the equivalent). Can't remember exactly. Maybe call Best Buy.
    Maybe? How are we supposed to know? Does glare bother you? Does your budget allow for an extra $150?

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

how long is "later"?

by the time you are ready to buy, many of your questions will probably be moot.

I suggest you come back "later" when you are ready to buy -- then ask again.

4. csjo00 thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean by moot?

And by "later", I mean in the next week or so. Depending on if and when the BTS sale comes out.

5. appleisgod macrumors regular

Best buy black tie protection is better as it covers everything that AppleCare does plus accidental damage from handling, so just about anything that could happen. Bestbuy must also match any offer apple is doing so yes to the edu discount and whatever is included with the back to school deal when it starts.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

7. csjo00 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow.. Lots of important answers. Thanks :)

8. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

The advantage of Applecare is its recognised by all over the world, so I if it doesnt cost much more then def go with Applecare so you arent forced to deal with bestbuys?