Interested in exchanging my 17in MBP, 2.33ghz for a 15.4"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aelyrin, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Aelyrin macrumors member

I have a 17in MBP 2.33 GHZ, 160hd 5400RPM, 2 gigs of ram. I bought it new and am the original owner, but have changed jobs from a graphic/web designer to a less design oriented position. I no longer have need of the larger screen and am hoping to trade mine straight across for a 15.4 with similar specs.

Is there anyone with advice on the best place to do something along these lines? My laptop is in "new" condition, still under applecare until Nov. 2009, I have a listing on craigslist, but for the most part everyone who contacts me seems to be trying to scam.

I really like what I have, but it is inconvenient for travel, just too big for in-flight use.

For those of you who have more experience in changing around your macs, would you suggest I try selling mine and just buying another off craigslist that fits my needs appropriately, or possibly a refurb?

If I did buy a refurb I would want to backup the new machine from what I have, if i were to buy a time-capsule and backup the system there and buy a new one, could I just restore it to the new one?

2. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Just for your information before this probably gets closed, there's a marketplace section in the forum but you need to be a member for a certain time and have 200 (I think) posts to post in there.

3. Aelyrin thread starter macrumors member

Thanks tod,

Not too interested in the actual exchange as much as advice on where/how is the best way to make it happen in a "safe" way.

Thank you for the notice though, hope it doesn't get closed!

Ill edit out the marketing aspect of it.