Interested in the white iPhone DIY kit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by marddin, Nov 22, 2010.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

i would like to make my black iphone white, front and back case headphone jack ect. everything.

with your experience should i buy a DIY kit and literally do it myself or pay to get it done.

what are some websites i could look at.

thank you all for your help

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

definitely pay to get it done, unless you are a professional yourself. One wrong move and it could be the end of your iPhone.

let us know what companies you are interested in and im sure some members on here will have some input.

3. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

What companies or websites have you guys used and sent in your iPhone. Was it a good job. Any picture examples.

Thank you all

4. countzero2k10 macrumors member

countzero2k10

If you are thinking of swapping the headphone and dock connectors I would highly suggest paying to have it done. The headphone jack especially is very fragile and you have to have very small hands to put it all back together. ifixit also does not have a tutorial for either which is a bummer.

I bought a DIY kit from ifixdirect.com (great people and price btw) and ended up breaking the piece of the headphone jack at the mute switch. I ended up sending my phone into ifixdirect and they had it back to me in less than a week. I couldn't be happier with the result. :D

5. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

could anyone reply with some websites or companies that do the white iphone conversion?

is whiteiphone4now.com reliable?
    any others.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

6. countzero2k10 macrumors member

countzero2k10

ifixdirect.com is reliable and has good customer service. They are the only ones that sell the fronts with mesh on the speaker. They are also the only ones (to my knowledge) with a full conversion kit that includes the dock connector and headphone jack. Parts might be on back order though.

iresq.com looks like their parts are on backorder as well.

zeetron.com has a diy kit but I've heard some rumblings on this site about quality and customer service concerns so just a fair warning there.

Looks like whiteiphone4now.com is on backorder as well. Definitely looks like supplies are drying up. You can always try piece a kit together yourself from ebay if you are really brave and patient. The parts are out there. Just gotta do the research.

Have fun! :D

7. brandonD101 macrumors member

+1 for the head phone jack being a pain in the ass! i just finished my conversion today :D

8. alamein macrumors member

I had it done by a person on kijiji (in the states it's craigslist), it was done right in front of me and took no more than 10 minutes.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Allot of company's have slowed down or stopped since Apple lawyers started making phone calls. Keep in mind too if you need service your going to have to go back to the original black.

10. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I did the swap myself using a kit i ordered from iphonefixed.com, i did not however switch over the headphone jack and 30-pin connector jack. I would say personally that the switch wasnt too difficult, if like me you have taken apart every iphone to date. But i would not attempt the headphone and 30-pin swap by myself.

Right now a lot of the suppliers are getting really crappy parts, so i'd be weary of where you order.. Check out some of the threads on here, specifically the thread regarding iphonefixed.com and you can see some more input about it.

Keep in mind though, that if you want any warranty service, you have to switch it all back to black before taking it in...