Interesting... 15" 2.5Ghz rMBP shipping slips...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smiddlehurst, Apr 17, 2015.

1. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Hmm, probably nothing but went to order a top spec 15" rMBP in work today and noticed ship times were listed at 1-2 weeks in the UK. Slightly surprised I checked the US store and that was showing immediate dispatch so I assumed it was a local supply chain issue.

Fast forward 8 hours and the US store is now also showing 1-2 weeks. Same in Canada, same in Australia, same in Germany. Weird thing is it's only on the top end models with dedicated graphics. Going through the customisation options on the low end model just adds the usual 1-3 day delay for upgrading processor and storage.

So where does that leave us? Most likely just a supply issue with the Nvidia 750m of some sort but it doesn't seem to outlandish that - if there were an update coming - there would be fewer of the high end models in the supply chain so delays would show there first...

2. smiddlehurst thread starter macrumors 65816

Just noticed the basic 15" rMBP has now slipped to 1-3 days shipping as has the basic iMac. Again, could be nothing but with all of the 15" line AND iMac line now facing delays that seems suspect to me. For the record the earliest shipping date for ALL the delays would have been tomorrow with the exception of the high end rMBP which slipped last Friday. However am I right in thinking that Apple's system basically goes 1-3 days, 3-5 days, 1-2 weeks? If so that would be bang in line as a slip on Friday with ship on Wednesday / Thursday would be just outside of the 3-5 days window...

3. mjs402 macrumors 6502

I saw the 15 inch shipping time slip to 1-2 weeks a few days ago but in Canada the base model is still "In Stock".

4. smiddlehurst thread starter macrumors 65816

On Friday the UK store showed 1-2 weeks around... uh, 2 I think. US and Canada went a few hours later so we'll see what happens tonight.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

With delays across the lines now, it seems it's a supply issue with the quad core chips... Hopefully because they're being replaced.