Interesting alert after syncing w/ itunes after customizing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by csmitty, Oct 14, 2007.

1. csmitty macrumors regular

"Your ipod contains diagnostic information which may help apple improve its products. "

Anyone else get that? Of course i hit don't send. Everything appears to be syncing just fine.

This is the coolest device now. I liked it when i had a wk 36, but took it back, and once i saw they got it open i went and got another 38. screen is great and got all the apps and more i wanted. Palm TX, meet ebay :)

now once i get my icons changed and rearranged, good to go.

2. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

I got that message a few hours after getting my iPod Touch (which was before any sort of jailbreaking was released).

3. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

I got it within hours of getting my iPod, it is just the crash reporter, similar to the one on OS X.

If you view the data you can see what info it will send, for me it has always been crash logs for Safari.

4. csmitty thread starter macrumors regular

5. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    To find your iPhone's crash log, sync your iPhone using iTunes and then check the following location on your computer:

Mac users:
    /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/[Your iPhone's Name]

Windows users:
    Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice
    \[Your iPhone's Name]

Using the dialog that pops up, you may choose to automatically send this information to Apple, to help them improve the phone, or deny this behavior. If you've jailbroken your device, you might want to choose the latter, as a quick review of your logs will probably indicate that these aren't the type of "reports" you want to send to Apple (if you have NOT, on the other hand, its probably useful to do). :)

Doh. Crashes can be so subtle on the iPhone (when its not a full-blown freeze-up), often you may not know they've happened. You may be in a completely different application, only to return to one you'd thought was still running, and be none-the-wiser that it had shut-down while you were away.

~ CB