Interesting article about Best Buy and the iPhone 4 on Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Built, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Built macrumors 68020

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

3. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Who said I was going to buy it from Best Buy???? I was just posting this as information.

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

for the 3GS launch I preordered at my best buy and picked it up on launch day. It is really really close to my house so thats why I went there rather than :apple: or at&t

5. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

IF Best Buy allowed pre-orders, I would DEFINITELY go there because I am a Reward Zone Premier Silver member and I would get a ton of points for it!

But, I guess, they won't be allowing pre-orders. :mad:

6. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Plus for the clumsy people out there, they offer a great warranty.

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

have you talked to your local best buy? I am also a premier silver member and my local store has told me they plan on starting pre orders as soon as the 15th rolls around

8. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

OMG..Thanks for the heads-up, Know! I appreciate that!

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

45 is probably more than AT&T stores will have if launch is anything like the last 3.

11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Thanks for your information, but it is not worth making a thread for it. Also, I was referring you as like person. Finally, I would not even know you would buy iphone. So, I really don't care.

12. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I'm guess that if you live in a decent sized city, you might be ok if you really want to get your RZ points. Just get there early. Be sure to talk to the manager that will be on duty during the launch so you know where the line is. That happened to me with the 3G iPad launch. Waited around the Apple section and lo and behold, iPad line is at customer service.

Just think about it this way. Look at the list of places that will have it and take an educated guess on what the tech scene is like in your city and see if peeps will line up at Best Buy.

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I usually go to Apple. Is it worth it just for the RZ points?

14. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Last time I checked, you don't get to decide what is worthy of making a thread or not.

There are plenty of Best Buy customers (and some loyalists) here...

I think you've been sitting at your computer too long...You need to wipe the Cheetos dust off your bathrobe, and back away...:rolleyes:

15. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Depends on how much you buy at Best Buy. For the RZ Premier Silver, it is worth it because of bonus points...and, for example, I have been banking points since Christmas (I am up to the equivalent of $150 in Reward Zone certificates)...and have 200 bucks in BB gift cards...These are earmarked for the 2nd gen iPad next year.

16. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

I've put a call in to my local BB, where I know the Manager and Assistant Manager from a previous issue. They come back in tomorrow, so I'll find out straight from them whether it is possible to pre-order, etc.

17. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy