Interesting article about the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bearcatrp, Feb 16, 2012.

1. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Apple just recently change their app store guidelines to say that developers need to make their apps request permission to access contacts from now on. Just wait a bit for that mandatory update to be applied to all the big name apps, and you'll be fine (eventually the smaller apps will have to do it too).

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you're going to be that reactionary about it, then you should probably sell the iPad in your sig while you're at it. Oh, and the iPod touch as well. And probably the Apple TVs.

5. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I hear carrier pigeons are the safest way to communicate these days , they just won't stop pooping in my pocket. :D

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Actually the OS will do this when the app attempts to access your address book. So programs will not have to be updated, the dialog will occur automatically if the app has not already been given permission..

8. bearcatrp thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh, I don't let one convince me. Will be looking for others to confirm this before I decide. But with apple stating a fix is coming so this doesn't happen again, leads me to think they knew about this for awhile. I left android for this crap. Am kind of shocked apple allowed this (if true). Will have to wait until the smoke clears and the next iPhone comes out to see how apple implements their fix. Guess I will stay with my blackberry for awhile.