Interesting Article: Over 1/2 of Verizon Smartphone users will go iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digitard, Feb 4, 2011.

1. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20030654-37.html

It's an interesting thought. Sure with any test group you have a fairly large margin for error when comparing a small test group (700 random users) with a full customer base... but it does make you think more since they were a random group.

I know, personally, quite a few Android users (myself included) who purchased Pre-Order (or will be picking up on release day) iPhones. I also know a few ATT users who are going Verizon for the improved voice (all 3 of my personal friends doing this are in area's locally where they already have to use microcells just to be usable at home).

So what are your thoughts? If even 1/2 of that number holds it could be a much larger number for 2011 Verizon iPhone sales than anticipated.

What I really want to know, on top of this, is how many already sold via pre-order since we know they sold a "record number". I could've sworn that one of the Android phones sold over a million on pre-order previously so if that was true then Verizon smashed ATT's 600k.

Anyhow... just some interesting thoughts from it.

**Note: I have nothing against ATT, etc. I just found this interesting. I'm w/ Verizon due to a large amount of dead spots in the Phx Metro area so that's the only reason I never went ATT. I need voice more than data in terms of constant use. I have wifi just about every major spot I go (home/work/etc).

2. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

One of the things that always bothers me about these studies is that what consumers say they intend to do is usually different than what they actually do.

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

True. Judging from past phone surveys, usually less than 1/3 actually end up doing whatever they picked as an answer at the time. Could be on the higher end this time.

4. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

Tip: Get a dumb phone for voice and use a personal computer (assuming you have one) since you have WiFi just about every major spot you go!