Interesting (bad?) news about IPSF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PDE, Oct 20, 2007.

1. PDE macrumors 68020

Just saw this on hackint0sh:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12189

I do wonder what the implications are for those of us who decided to go with
    IPSF? I used the free unlock to unlock under 1.02, but then didn't like how the dev team seemed more interested in unlocking 1.1.1 than fixing what had gone wrong the first time so I went with IPSF.

What should we make of this?

2. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

interesting turn of events.

I am still on 1.0.2 and awaiting people to confirm the efficacy of the revirginizer once its completed and throroughly deployed.

I like some of the upgrades to the new apple firmware but didnt see the urgency. I still have a tremendous respect for the DEV team and plan on sticking with them. I have been following it closely and it appears both factions have their drawbacks but the biggest drawback of IPSf is the cost

3. sananda macrumors 68020

interesting. geohot: when the bootloader is updated(it hasn't been yet), all ipsf phones will become bricks.

4. Limeyness macrumors member

It seems from that thread that anyone using IPSF needs to be hoping that they keep your token on their server.

5. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Apple should release a virginizer and let wayward people ( those who hacked their phones ) return to a pure ATT&Apple state. Then people who hacked or bricked their phones can fix them and sign up for ATT service. Currently, Apple just made some profit on these phones but could make more from people who would rather go with ATT than rehack their phones every time a new update comes out.

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

7. smacman macrumors 6502

If Apple updates the bootloader, and your unlocked with IPSF, then don't update your phone.

8. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Still reads as if BOTH anySIM/iUnlock & IPSF do "things" to your phone, that in the end, cannot be easily undone, just "mostly undone" (think Princess Bride). Meaning, regardless of HOW you unlock your phone you've begun down a pathway that may leave you ultimately screwed as you proceed to update to the latest firmware, over and over again.

I'm not sure this is necessarily news. The devil does seem to be in the details, and things seem to shift on a weekly basis. Kudos to iPhone Elite Team though.

All eyes turn toward France.

~ CB

9. brown macrumors newbie

Too bad as I will get my iPhone tomorrow. I actually decided to us IPSF, but now...... Which method should I use? AnySim or IPSF? Very confusing! Any suggestion?:confused:

10. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

If you have a mac just use anySIM (no reason why, that's just how I feel). I posted a guide in the hacks forum for it, works perfectly!

11. T4R06 macrumors 65816

i use anysim also and it works flawlessy.
    even when i restore back to 1.0.2 then update to 1.1.1
    my iphone is still unlock