Interesting book by Pangea

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mccannmarc, Oct 3, 2008.

1. mccannmarc macrumors 6502

mccannmarc

Hey guys,

Just been browsing pangea software's site (the makers of Cro Mag Rally,Enigmo & Billy frontier etc on the app store) and came across a free book they have published. Its a book on how to create game engines and games for Mac OSX but seeing as they are so popular on the app store and most of the fundamentals of mac programming carry over to the iPhone I thought I would post the link here to help out any of you guys wanting to delve into games programming. Obviously not all of it is useful as its for MAC OSX but its good to read to see the way games are put together etc.

Download here

2. dougdawson macrumors member

That's a really good book, and it has some useful things to say, but it's a Carbon-based lifeform. Having bought it when it came out, and read it, I was floored when I saw the demos earlier this year and got the impression that Greenstone might be conversant with Objective-C and related technologies after all. (Hi, Brian!) You certainly wouldn't know it from reading the book.

Historically very interesting, and brings back memories, some good, some not.

No disrespect intended or implied.

Doug