Interesting Bug in iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by effectivepull, Sep 20, 2012.

1. effectivepull macrumors newbie

I'm listening to the Podcast app and I stop the app. Some time later, I get a call. I answer the call, finish the call and hang up. Suddenly, the Podcast app begins playing again over the iPhone's speaker.

If I was listening to the Podcast app then was interrupted by a call, then it makes sense that the podcasts resume playing when done with the call (I actually like this feature) but it doesn't make sense when the Podcast apps were stopped before receiving the call.

The Podcast app randomly started after dictating a text message using Siri as well.

2. timscot macrumors newbie

Interesting Bug in iOS 6

-I have an iPad 3 (yes I know "The New iPad) and my iPhone 5. If I send a iMessage from my 5, when I get the reply if my phone is locked my iPad will ding but my iPhone will not. The only way I can get the reply on my iPhone is if I turn on the phone screen (when it reconnects to wifi).

-On AT&T if you turn off "Enable LTE" I will loose all data (I can't even send SMS). I thought it would be like the iPhone 4, when you turn off 3G you went to 2G. But even with "Cellular Data" enabled I still loose all that functionality. In order to get my 4G back (don't have LTE where I live) I have to power cycle my phone.

- I know this isn't so much of a bug as just an annoyance (for me). When I have my phone locked Siri will tell me I have to unlock my phone for her to read the message. This is really a pain when I am driving. I've read of a work around when you enable "message Preview" so on the lock screen you see a certain portion of the message Siri will read it to you (or a portion). I have message preview disabled. :(

3. ruckleapple macrumors member

Exact thing just happened to me. Any fix for this? God dang I hate the podcast app. BOOOO podcast app!! You Suck!

4. chucknelson macrumors newbie

I tried out the podcast app, but Downcast seems like the best podcast app still (performs great on the iPhone 5, too).

5. mdewberry macrumors regular

I am also having this issue, and it is quite frustrating! I thought it was only happening with paused podcasts, but yesterday it happened with a song that I had paused in the Music app. Like others have reported it seems to be happening when I either hang up from a call or someone calls and I am not at my phone and the content starts playing afterward. I hope Apple catches this one and resolves it soon (I may report it on their website).

I took chucknelson's advice and downloaded Downcast - will set that up today and see if that helps resolve the issue. BTW - I never liked the new podcast app and really liked playing podcasts from the Music app. Shame on Apple to strip that out of there and force users to use the app. One thing I have learned while working in the software industry - do not take away functionality!!!

6. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Yeah downcast and pod cruncher

7. effectivepull thread starter macrumors newbie

Downcast it is!

I've abandoned Apple's Podcast app and am now using Downcast. Pretty damn solid.