Interesting conversation with AT&T employee...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nospeed411, Jun 15, 2010.

1. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

So after work I headed to the AT&T store to pre-order my wife and I's new phones. There was a small wait of maybe 10 mins and we where done with the process in about a 1/2 hour. While I was doing paper work I was conversing with the store manager and he told me even though we pre-ordered it may take untill July 5th till my phones come in to the store:mad: I asked him why and he said they where told that there was such a huge response that they are literally out of phones already. He also stated that on launch day they will only be getting 15 phones to sell ???????? WTF? He, needless to say, was not too pleased by this stating how there gonna be some pissed off people that day.

Now we are in a rather large iPhone market and I am a bit baffled by these statements. I know we are not NY or LA but hell this is the state capital of PA. If this is the case here I am wondering what it's like in other markets. Please share your experiences .

2. KC2 macrumors regular

3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

iPhone's army grows strong. Let us hope iAware isn't released until we get our standard issue phase plasma rifles in a 30w range.