Interesting dilemma

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ilovemyibook, Dec 10, 2011.

1. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

Hey everyone. I plan on upgrading to an iPad 2, and giving my girlfriend my iPad 1. I've had two iPod Touch's, two iPhones and now my iPad. I have a lot of content in my iTunes and I can't seem to delete apps from 3+ years ago and no matter how hard I try it always wants to sink all my old apps to my iDevices when I sync them on iTunes. I have it set to manual in iTunes, but for some reason it always adds old junk apps to it. I want to start fresh on my new iPad, so I want to clean up the junk on iTunes and then do a backup of my iPad 1. I am very hesitant to plug in my iPad until I know I can delete all my old stuff on iTunes. I'm fairly intelligent with this kind of stuff, but I can't figure this issue out. Any ideas?

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The only mistake I see you making is giving your girlfriend the old iPad instead of showing her how much you love her by giving her an iPad2. Kismet. :rolleyes:

3. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors regular

Haha. She's pumped to get my iPad. It's in perfect shape, so it's basically new to her. Lol.

4. macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

in iTunes you can deselect apps you don't want synced to your iPad/iPod/iPhone. They stay in the cloud so you can download them later, again, for free...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1977

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Plug ipad into computer. Once ipad is recognized select 'apps' tab in itunes. A graphic should come up showing your ipad screens. To the left of that are all your apps. Uncheck the ones you don't ever want to sync. Done.