Interesting discovery at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hengyu408, Oct 2, 2016.

1. hengyu408 macrumors member

So I was playing around with the iPhone 7 plus at the Apple Store and noticed that it had an 80gb capacity storage. I checked a few of the other demos and they also had the same capacity sized storage. Kinda strange that they would do an one off larger capacity for just the demo units. Now I kinda wished they would offer higher capacity storage at the base prices.

Attached Files:

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

They do the same for iPhone 6s Plus demo with the capacity of 38GB or so.
    Those apps are also demo version, with limited functionality.
    Demo units also reset all generated data each time they restart.
    Certain features show up in a different form on demo iOS such as Touch ID. Restrictions is also missing from demo iOS. You also cannot add Apple Pay card.

3. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I believe they are 128GB devices with a partition to allow the devices to auto-restore each night to purge themselves of the wealth of crappy photos/internet searches/notes/whatever that accumulate on them each day.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Just checked on SNDeep and yep it's a 128GB.

(By the way, maybe it's just the specific photo, but the screen on that particular iPhone looks really poor. Very dark around the edges.)

IMG_3834.jpg

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I always assumed demo units were unique considering what people do with them during the day

5. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Being their a demo, they must be initialized differently. But interesting find though.