Interesting Forbes Article on Initial Sales

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PTVMan, Apr 12, 2015.

1. shayanhooshmand macrumors member

I think the problem with polls on sites like Today's iPhone is that tech geeks go on those websites and I think that they (we) are more likely to get the Sport because it's cheaper and we know that the second generation will be much improved over this first gen.
    Now, people who aren't as geeky may walk in to the store and like the SS better, but they're not the kind of people who get their Apple fix everyday online.
    Just my opinion.

2. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Not really interesting, I was hoping for something more official rather than polls and speculation.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

It's just an "analysis" of unreliable polls on rumor sites. Those are prone to self-selection. A better analysis would have been some type of randomized poll, but that would be expensive and time-consuming.

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

actually the real issue with such polls is that they tend to be small samples and very biased. Articles trump them up like they are telling anything and get reprinted over and over. But if you actually read the details it tends to be 'we spoke to 20 people from our forums' or something equally an utter joke