Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
I was wondering about this. I have the 3g and now with tethering.My sis will get one too but without data plan at the moment till she gets a job. Can I share my internet with her in some way(bluetooth maybe) since I have a data plan.
another question,I read somewhere about sharing apps between 2 iphone but not heard or seen the option yet anywhere.Unless its not there in 3.0

any ideas.

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
To share apps, you just have to log in to her computer on your iTunes account and download apps that you've purchased. She can then sync them to your phone. However you will also have to log in every time there is an update for those apps.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You can share apps, just sync both iphones to the same library.
You cant share internet unless you're within feet from eachother. Then she can connect to your iphone like a wifi acess point if you enable tethering. But if she's not with you she wont have any internet acess unless near wifi.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
You can share apps, just sync both iphones to the same library.
You cant share internet unless you're within feet from eachother. Then she can connect to your iphone like a wifi acess point if you enable tethering. But if she's not with you she wont have any internet acess unless near wifi.

well that was what im thinking to do for internet, get her to sign into my itunes acount since now that feature is available on iphone and just download my apps to her.

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
yes there is a way to share apps...read above

but the one problem is, is that your sister will not be able to get the iPhone without a data plan....so good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.